Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saline Salt Tram Tower Damaged
The couple responsible has been identified and NPS is aware of who they are. Every stage of the incident has been blasted all over my feed on every social media platform. Including the names and photos of the couple responsible. This no doubt has helped NPS identify them, but I can't recall anything being re-posted this many times.

While I hope they are brought to justice and made to pay restitution for this heinous act, I'm not sure how I feel about them being essentially doxxed all over the internet. Folks these days can get a bit of a bloodlust and at a one some of the comments I've read have had a bit of a lynch-mob vibe to them.
Check out my travel blog: www.pocketsfullofdust.com
(2024-05-16, 07:06 AM)Beardilocks Wrote:  I'm not sure how I feel about them being essentially doxxed all over the internet.  Folks these days can get a bit of a bloodlust and at a one some of the comments I've read have had a bit of a lynch-mob vibe to them.

I appreciate how you feel. My participation, though, was limited to this forum, the Saline forum and the Panamint Valley forum. The Panamint Valley forum can't be read unless one is a member and logged in. I don't do social media beyond these three and two automotive based forums, so am not aware at how much farther everyone has taken it.

After my last post I had determined that there was no need to update this thread any longer as it is fragmenting from its original purpose. When any new press releases occur, I'll put them here.

As for the escalation of anger and threats against the persons involved, that shocks and saddens me. This sort of conduct and mindset seems to have permeated all through society for any cause, reason or no reason whatsoever. In the cyber world as well as the real one.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
Absolutely not directed at you DAW.  You’re just keeping us here up to date on something very on topic for the DV forum.  I applaud all your updates on here on all topics. 

I was purely speaking to those on social media posting names and photos of the offenders over & over and calls to destroy their truck etc.  Shocking how quick things get out of hand. 

FWIW NPS just posted their final comment on the subject.

https://www.nps.gov/deva/learn/news/salt...amaged.htm

The individual responsible for pulling over the salt tram called the tip line provided in an earlier press release, stating that this was done during a time of desperation while being deeply stuck in mud, and that it wasn’t their intent to cause harm to the historic structure.”
Check out my travel blog: www.pocketsfullofdust.com
Thank you Matthew for the updated press release. I was hoping that the Park would quickly put out a public statement. I knew you weren't directing your previous comment at me, but I thought I'd just comment as to my small participation in publicizing it here and related forums.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.