Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canyons near Black Point and other options
(2022-12-28, 11:55 AM)netllama Wrote: Or a trip to Chad

OK, I liked that one! The trucks I crossed the Sahara on (Algeria to Niger, long before the road was paved) all carried really long sand ladders, and needed them. Note that you can use pretty much anything in an emergency, including your car's floor mats or trunk liner material. Airing down street tires is not really recommended.

The road out to the mouth of Cottonwood / Marble is highly variable. It's sand that bothers me more than anything. I've seen a lot of it blow around, and have swooshed through it keeping the speech up with a high clearance 4WD rental. I've also been out to the big parking / camping area in a sedan multiple times. That road also gets graded from time to time, which adds to the variable driving conditions.

As Kauri suggested, I would not take anything not ruggedized beyond that flat area, though there are a couple of camping spots downstream from what I call the "Gates" which should be reachable, if you've gotten to the camping area.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Canyons near Black Point and other options - by MojaveGeek - 2022-12-28, 03:04 PM