Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Valley CLOSED: Fall/Winter 23/24 Trip Planning
(2023-10-23, 12:48 PM)Beardilocks Wrote: I am curious why Titus is being delayed as long as it is. Obviously a lot fo roads need a lot of attention. But that was always a high-value attraction. Of course the same could be said about Scotty's castle and that will have been closed for a full DECADE before it finally opens up again.

Besides the bottom of the canyon, which the photos above show needs some serious earth moving, I wonder about the switchbacks and similar locations at the head of the canyon. Those could potentially require some serious rebuilding as well. As was said, it'd be nice to see some photos of surveyed bad parts!

I agree with you Titus is a popular location, but personally I'm fine with it being closed for awhile. It doesn't really get you anywhere and so I'd prefer other roads to have priority (yes, I realize there are a number of nice trailheads off the road). Also, a rare opportunity for those who want to walk Titus without traffic!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Death Valley CLOSED: Fall/Winter 23/24 Trip Planning - by DVexile - 2023-10-23, 03:14 PM