Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 peakbagging and other activities
Stuck inside on a rainy day.  I'm bored so I'm going to post something, but it's only DV adjacent.  Anyone who lives near Vegas, possibly already knows of this mountain but it's new to me.

Bridge Mountain is one of those fun mountains that looks utterly impossible from a distance.  It's steep, but no more than class 3 climbing is needed to reach the summit. There's a use trail much of the way,  and helpful cairns for the sandstone parts. It's a bit of a maze to get to the top.   The arrow points to the bridge that I passed through on the way up, and crossed over on the way down. 

[Image: CkI8TwK.jpg]

Here is the bridge closer up.  There's a nice bowl of water inside with a large pine tree growing in there.  Since there isn't much soil for the tree to hold onto, it's tipped over onto the wall behind it, but the roots are still keeping it healthy.

[Image: yIyoVTT.jpg]

The mountain is located Red Rock canyon National conservation area just outside of Las Vegas.  My national park pass got me in for free, and by arriving early I didn't have to reserve a timed entry pass on recreation.gov ($2 fee).  I also saw no other people until I got back to the trailhead at noon, which by then was packed with people exploring the official trails.

Messages In This Thread
2024 peakbagging and other activities - by Brice - 2024-01-06, 06:32 PM
RE: 2024 peakbagging and other activities - by Brice - 2024-02-01, 02:01 PM