Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Valley Stuffola – Trip No. 16, Jan. 2024
(2024-02-01, 10:00 PM)Beardilocks Wrote: Hey Kauri, Have you ever had your 5vz give you a crank-no-start, like it’s vapor locked?  Only ever happened to with mine in DV.  Same with Taco here.  Guessing it’s heat/elevation change?  Very odd.

TBH I don't know what vapor locked sounds like, but the only times I can remember having a crank-no-start sort of issue were when the starter was going out (2006 and 2013 so my memory could be off since that was a while ago, and as I remember the first time it went out it didn't sound unhealthy but when it failed it was stuck on) and when the negative terminal connector was loose from far too much DV washboard (which I'm sure has already been checked). Huh. Odd that your 5VZ did it too in DV then nowhere else. Would be interesting to see if Taco's does it again, or if only in DV then yeah maybe low elevation or heat or something. Trying to think if there's some sort of computer sensor that could be thrown off by that change too.
Link to my DV trip reports, and map of named places in DV (official and unofficial): http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Death Valley Stuffola – Trip No. 16, Jan. 2024 - by Kauri - 2024-02-01, 10:12 PM