Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Mojave Travels: Death Valley NP scrambling Dec. 4-6, 2023
(2024-02-01, 09:28 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote: Where do you get these names?  Smile    "The Loner".  OK last year we came in from the north ridge to 4352.  That is pretty straight forward and pleasant, but we ran out of time.  Looks like we might have had a good shot at your summit from there.  Probably worth a return trip.  A good place to go on a hot day in the valley!

And "Prospect". ??  Which one is that?  There are so many little x's on the topo labeled "prospect"  Smile

Nice pix, thanks for posting them.  Early light at Zabriskie was quite nice.

Hi MG,
Thanks for the comments.  The peak names are found on Peakbagger, however they are originally given the names by Courtney Purcell in his guidebook "Rambles and Scrambles: A Peakbagging guide to the Desert Southwest"

(2024-02-02, 11:20 AM)TacoLand Wrote: Some real nice photos there, John. Thanks for posting the report even though it happened at the end of last year.

I started poking through your Flickr account and it looks like you had a really solid year of adventuring in 2023. Hope 2024 is just as good.

Hi TL, yeah, I have been feeling quite lazy and indecisive about posting TRs of late.  Thanks for the well wishes.  Me too, looking forward to some good exploring in 2024.  Our good snow turned to ElNino crap with no more snow forecast in sight.  I actually am thinking about wasting some flyer miles, renting a car, and spending a short bit of time in the Sonoran Desert at the end of the month.  We'll see if I make that happen.  My usual plan for April in southern UT seems on track at this point.

John

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fall Mojave Travels: Death Valley NP scrambling Dec. 4-6, 2023 - by John Morrow - 2024-02-02, 01:00 PM