Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nelson Range/Salt Tram Explore
(2024-05-25, 12:30 PM)VintageDUG Wrote: Headed out Monday, when all the folks with jobs should be packing up and headed for home.  Rough plan is to cut across DVNP, gas up in Panamint Springs and then head up towards the Nelson Range.  From there I'll make my way through Cerro Gordo, and then try for New York Butte.  On the way down I want to hike to as many of the Salt Tram stations as I can, without putting myself in harms way.  I have identified 4 or 5 that look pretty reasonable when viewed from the comfort of my office chair.  I'll see if boots on ground agree. I have some camp spots picked out, but no hard timeline.  Only for sure things are I am leaving Monday morning and I have to be home, cleaned up and in a good mood by Thursday afternoon so we can go see a show in St George.  In between it's whatever I want to do.  Taking my 2 door JK Willys, not because I don't think my 4 door JL Rubicon can handle it (and be a lot more comfortable), but mostly because I want to get some off road/pavement miles on the new transfer case.  This will also be a recon trip to see if this route would be good for a fall trip to see the Keynot mine (and bulldozer), the Beveridge Ridge Cabin and maybe the ghost town of Beveridge.  If anyone has any beta/knowledge/comments on exploring in this area, I'm all ears.

Sounds like a fun adventure. Please post a trip report when you return !

Messages In This Thread
Nelson Range/Salt Tram Explore - by VintageDUG - 2024-05-25, 12:30 PM
RE: Nelson Range/Salt Tram Explore - by DAW89446 - 2024-05-25, 05:40 PM
RE: Nelson Range/Salt Tram Explore - by DAW89446 - 2024-05-25, 09:41 PM
RE: Nelson Range/Salt Tram Explore - by netllama - 2024-05-25, 10:22 PM