Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to reach DV administration?
(2024-01-24, 11:16 PM)AlanMcR Wrote: Thanks. 
What a terrible system. 
And the plan appears to be to move to recreation.gov.  Even worse, in my opinion.

Is that accurate, I am unaware of the move to Rec.gov?  In early December I used the present system of day of walking in to the VC for the free permit.   I found I am generally supportive of the system.  The front desk is well prepared and trained with binders holding the permits complete with files for each campsite.  The past few autumns that I've searched for sites, both of these particular roads were packed with campers; and traffic of folks searching continued through the night.  For a long time the "mile from pavement" rule was little known.  Not anymore.  After seeing enough unburied poop and TP in the common dispersed sites, and the clusterf__k of folks driving 1.1 miles and cramming in, I saw the writing on the wall that NPS had to corral it.
If you call the VC they may be able to send you a form that is "Comments to the Superintendent".  This particular superintendent seems genuinely attentive to public concerns and thoughts.  I hope it doesn't get overused to the point where he does not have the capacity to respond directly.

John

Messages In This Thread
How to reach DV administration? - by AlanMcR - 2024-01-24, 09:10 PM
RE: How to reach DV administration? - by Brice - 2024-01-24, 10:24 PM
RE: How to reach DV administration? - by AlanMcR - 2024-01-24, 11:16 PM
RE: How to reach DV administration? - by John Morrow - 2024-01-29, 08:05 AM
RE: How to reach DV administration? - by AlanMcR - 2024-01-29, 12:03 PM
RE: How to reach DV administration? - by DVexile - 2024-01-26, 01:25 PM