Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doomsday/Manson Family Bunker
(7 hours ago)Brice Wrote: I don't know exactly where it is, but I'm pretty sure it's just east of Willow spring in Butte valley.  Good luck, and maybe bring a dust mask if you plan on going inside.

I have some N95 masks loaded up.  East of Willow Springs is where the Germans parked their mini-van for the last time.  When I was staying at Geologist Cabin a couple years ago, using it as a base for my Peter B Kyne mine search, a guy showed up with his dog, soaking wet from the rain (that turned into snow).  They had been out retracing the Germans route.  The guy and his dog got caught with no gear so he turned back and his friends kept hiking.  Way out there in the rain.  I invited them in to warm up, but he just left a message for his friends and pushed on.  Very strange deal.  To take this further off track - When researching Peter B Kyne's mine as described in Emmett's book, I stumbled on to a weird copyright lawsuit between Emmett and some professor over the Panamint Breeze name.  The professor thought Emmett had stolen some of his ideas on the Germans fate and published them in the Breeze.  The prof tried to trademark the name to get back at Emmett or something.  The cool thing was, every issue on the Panamint Breeze up to that point was entered into evidence and scanned into several large PDF files.  A lot of great stories were in the Breeze and I got to read them all.

Messages In This Thread
Doomsday/Manson Family Bunker - by VintageDUG - 2024-09-26, 02:38 PM
RE: Doomsday/Manson Family Bunker - by VintageDUG - 3 hours ago