Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DV Legends & Monsters?
(2024-10-05, 12:19 PM)Beardilocks Wrote: ... I have not experienced anything spooky or unexplainable in my many many nights in the park.  Other than one of the early Space-X satellite launches that had me thinking that I was witnessing a full scale alien invasion unfolding overhead. 

Does anyone have any tales of the paranormal or the supernatural, of monsters or mysterious lights in Death Valley?

I've read of the cave and extended length mummy.

In my years of pre-dawn commuting between home in Big Pine and work in Trona I've seen a myriad of strange lights, holographic phenomena and ultra high speed illuminated contrails from missile launches to the south in the China Lake B Range.

My scariest encounters were from sneaky fighter pilots coming from behind at super low altitude, numerous encounters with that. The one in which I thought I was going to die was a near head-on collision with a small plane attempting to take off after midnight north of the Ballarat road in Panamint Valley; I drove into yet another night time drug drop (I lived in Trona then, was coming home with my son after a day of mountain biking at Mammoth Mountain). Rounding a blind, uphill corner just west of the southern road into Saline Valley at speed and before dawn on CA190, I barely had time to react to the sight of a Chevy sedan parked in the travel lane with three men pissing in the road on the driver side. And on two occasions I had suspicious vehicles stalking me with lights out, following me for miles over attempts to shake them off by detours, stopping and starting.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Messages In This Thread
DV Legends & Monsters? - by Beardilocks - 2024-10-05, 12:19 PM
RE: DV Legends & Monsters? - by Beardilocks - 2024-10-05, 12:27 PM
RE: DV Legends & Monsters? - by DAW89446 - 2024-10-05, 04:05 PM
RE: DV Legends & Monsters? - by Beardilocks - 2024-10-06, 10:00 AM