Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the most remote difficult place to reach in the park?
DVexile
Without trekking poles you might just choose to sit down when a slide starts... and then shake dirt and pebbles out of your undies afterwards. 

I employ two techniques when going up or down the "talus temples" in DEVA. I wear gators that fit tightly around my ankles over the boots and pant legs thus keeping the debris out of my sock and boots. Instead of trekking poles I use a fiberglass collapsible Home Depot painting pole which is thick enough for firms grasping with one or two hands, strong, lightweight, and can be used for balance, back dragging like an anchor to control sliding down talus fields and for grasps down short drops offs that otherwise would be beyond my free climbing skills, which are minimal to start with. Once in a while I'll extend the pole for longer stretches. (I have yet to pole vault up a fifteen foot dry fall. LOL) I should do a short video of my use of the pole when I next visit DEVA.
Life begins in Death Valley

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the most remote difficult place to reach in the park? - by DeathValleyDazed - 2021-09-30, 09:27 AM