Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
death-valley.net shutdown & data scrape
(2022-12-01, 02:15 PM)Kauri Wrote: I've constantly battled mice in our vehicles in the CA Bay Area, it's certainly not just an issue in the desert, though I'm guessing it's probably worse there. 

The only method I found that works is a "mouse moat" (I first learned about this at https://ucnrs.org/mice-barrier-cars/), I just use 14" aluminum flashing propped up on the inside with wood blocks, even for vehicles stored inside a garage. A lot cheaper to make, and less time-consuming even with set up and take down every few days, than repairing mouse damage and invasions!

The mouse moat is a very interesting idea.  I wish I had known about that 1 month ago.  We put our Subaru (temporary Jeep JT Rubicon) in the garage in HI before leaving.  I haven't seen mice or rats inside the house or garage, but they are prolific, since we live on the wet side of the island.  I put desiccant bags and peppermint oil inside the car, and we do have quarterly pest control service.  Hopefully, it will be good for 8 months.

The XJ is stored in a 40' shipping container, so I hope that will help.  IT did sit outside for about a year, and my son had traps and caught a couple of mice in them.  So far, no damage has occurred that I've seen.  The container so far has been quite well sealed.

David Bricker / SYR
DV Rat.  Live upstate NY, play Death Valley, retiring to Hawaii. '95 Cherokee, barely.

Messages In This Thread
RE: death-valley.net shutdown & data scrape - by David_Bricker - 2022-12-01, 05:07 PM