Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Born in Tuber Canyon Death Valley
Steve Hall forwarded an email from the grand daughter of a woman who was actually born in Tuber Canyon Death Valley. She is looking for more details about the history. If those interested can provide enough detail in the form of history, images, and narrative I'd like to create a short video summarizing our findings to share with the public and with this grand daughter. 

This link is to Steve Hall's hike down Tuber Canyon which prompted the grand daughter to inquire of him:
http://www.panamintcity.com/panamint/tubercanyon.html

Let's use this thread to accumulate information. To start, here's the main part of the grand daughter's email inquiry. 

"I'm just starting to research family history.  On my mother's marriage certificate, she has listed Death Valley as her birthplace, but the certificate also lists my grandmother's birthplace as Tuber Canyon, Calif.   This is the first I've heard of this in my 73 years, and it's a big surprise!   Your hike there is the only info on Tuber Canyon I've found so far. 

I am now requesting my grandmother's birth certificate from that county.  If you can give me any leads, to old history books or maps I can check, to locate more info on Tuber Canyon, the mining or Indian history, I would sincerely appreciate it!"
Life begins in Death Valley

Messages In This Thread
Born in Tuber Canyon Death Valley - by DeathValleyDazed - 2020-11-06, 04:12 AM
RE: Born in Tuber Canyon Death Valley - by Kauri - 2020-11-06, 09:33 AM
RE: Born in Tuber Canyon Death Valley - by Kauri - 2020-11-06, 08:44 PM