Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If DEVA was Great Smokey Mountains?
(2020-11-24, 05:48 AM)DeathValleyDazed Wrote:
(2020-11-23, 07:56 PM)David_Bricker Wrote: Having said that, I remember in 1969, my first trip to DV, we were the first people to sign the log book at Neuman cabin on Goler wash for two weeks.  In 2010, we were the 4th to sign it that day at 10 in the morning.

I grew up just three hours away from DEVA in So Cal and was clueless about the park (monument) in 1969 as a junior in high school. If I had visited and fallen in love with DEVA back then my life may have taken a different course? One thing is for sure, I would not be as far behind with my bucket list of adventures to complete within DEVA.  Tongue

Speaking of cabins and visitors, The Geologists Cabin is on my bucket list to sleep overnight there some day soon. Can anyone here venture what the odds of me having it to myself are? I assume weekdays are better than weekends. 

Also I'd like to improve upon the cabin or at least clean it up a bit as my dues for sleeping there. Any suggestions on how to prepare for this?

Its been many many years since I made it out to Butte Valley (just once, alas). I manages to have it all to myself that time. i agree that doing it on a week day, non holiday is your best shot. Also getting there earlier in the day.

Perhaps others will have more recent status info, but it can always use a cleaning (windows, etc), and leaving non perishable food or water is a safe choice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If DEVA was Great Smokey Mountains? - by netllama - 2020-11-26, 11:10 PM
Hantavirus in DEVA - by DeathValleyDazed - 2020-11-27, 07:04 PM
RE: Hantavirus in DEVA - by Kauri - 2020-11-27, 07:26 PM