Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021! what are your plans for this year?
netllama: Turkey, Egypt, Afghaaaa .... if I didn't know better, I'd think you were a CIA agent! Incredibly impressive and I hope it all pans out for yah.

Gower: I still think that Lonesome Miner Trail you're considering would be a fantastic experience and hope to piggyback on it someday soon. The Steens are fantastic but were pretty damp when I was there in late May a few years back. I included the Owyhee Canyonlands in that trip and it was something really special. Also visited Alvord, which as you noted on the PV site, is a pretty spectacular area. I'm always a fan of breakfast / lunch at the Fields Station.

You also asked about Northern Nevada in the spring and I'd advise closures are more about big storms that just hit, as so far it looks like another dry year for us. Unfortunately High Rock Canyon is closed February - May, but Sheldon Refuge, Soldier Meadows, and Pyramid Lake, are all spots of some interest. The Black Rock Desert playa will definitely be a no-go in the winter as it's a great way to get your truck buried to the axles. Feel free to shoot me a message as your trip gets closer if you have any specific questions you want to bounce off of someone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021! what are your plans for this year? - by TacoLand - 2021-01-06, 03:47 PM