Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic Goat Near Stovepipe Wells
(2021-04-14, 07:13 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote:   The combination made it the best day of the week.

Hey Geek, Yup, those bighorn are always a day maker whenever encountered in DEVA. On a cold and gusty early spring morning while approaching the summit of Tucki Mountain I had my head down into the blasting wind as I crested a ridge and startled two bighorn bucks only twenty yards upwind (who did not smell or see me) so as our eyes met simultaneously I don't know who startled each other more. I got a big joyful laugh over that as they bounded off down the other side to safety. 

The second event I was able to capture on video camera just below the summit of Pyramid Peak and this time the rams did not know I was there. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcDCM32bcLM

While exploring the Black Mountain ridge line between Dantes View and The Borax Benchmark following the sheep trails got me out of several dicy jams. My motto became,"When in doubt find the sheep trail!" 

P.S. Even though I don't aways reply to your various posts I always enjoy your attention to detail and vivid writing style that keeps this forum alive and vital. So thanks, Geek!
Life begins in Death Valley

Messages In This Thread
RE: Domestic Goat Near Stovepipe Wells - by DeathValleyDazed - 2021-04-15, 11:13 AM