Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Like Mike - DEVA Super Reynolds in 6th Year
I've had the pleasure of a few interactions with the current superintendent of DEVA, Mike Reynolds. First was at the reopening of the Keane Wonder Mine where I shook his hand and chatted for a moment. Another more recent, about two years ago was literally running into him and some other NPS staff jogging around the Furnace Creek Golf Course early on a summer morning. 

Two years ago a few emails were exchanged after Mike summited Blue Mountain and he found my contact information inside the peak register box I placed there a few months prior. He and Ranger Tom had summited on different days. Until I read this article pasted below, I had no idea of his many accomplishments. He seems capable of dealing with the stresses and pressures of increased DEVA visitations. I'm part of the problem being one who fell in love with the place after my first visit and now visits as much as possible and plans on continuing until I croak out. LOL 

I hope Mike remains for a few more years at least as I have no clue now NPS handles changes among the park supers. 

https://desertreport.org/an-interview-wi...-reynolds/
Life begins in Death Valley

Messages In This Thread
I Like Mike - DEVA Super Reynolds in 6th Year - by DeathValleyDazed - 2021-08-13, 01:34 PM