Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loafing Along Death Valley Trails, by William Caruthers
It’s been years since I’ve read it. I don’t remember if I had a favorite section. If I did at all. Some books I just remember as if yesterday, as they had an impact on me. Such books like GHOSTS OF THE GLORY TRAIL, by Nel Murbarger. Another is DEATH VALLEY & THE AMARGOSA: A LAND OF ILLUSION, by Lingenfelter. Some writers, like Caruthers, are from a time long ago, when the area was less wild due to boomtowns and the early years of tourism, but more wild than the 1960s and 1970s when the area began to be more popular to off roading and relic hunting.

By the way, I have two copies of the book. One with a green dust jacket, one with a brown one. Both are in good shape. I don’t remember the circumstances. I amassed quite a collection of books between 1988 and 2008, when I was writing and researching at a feverish pace. Many books I bought for reference, but didn’t read them through. Others, such as the two above, I’ve read from cover to cover many times.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loafing Along Death Valley Trails, by William Caruthers - by DAW89446 - 2021-08-19, 06:21 PM