Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wildrose Station - Vintage Visit Memories
As a kid growing up east of Victorville between the 1950s to early 1970s, my parents and I would occasionally go to Death Valley via Trona and the Wildrose road. My first wife and I married in 1976 and we honeymooned in DV, again going via Wildrose. Shortly after, I moved to June Lake, so my access to DV was by other routes.

I moved to Trona in 1987 from Wyoming and went to work in the plants. I lived in Trona until 1992, when my current wife and I moved to Ridgecrest. However, I continued to spend a lot of time in DV and vicinity, going in by way of Wildrose.

We bought our home in Big Pine in 1994 and eventually moved there for good in 2002. I rented a duplex to stay at during my working days (four on, four off working week, non-rotating day shift). My commute to and from work was always through Panamint Valley and in to Owens Valley via Panamint Springs and Keeler. Periodically, I’d run up Wildrose if I took a few hours off early on my last day of work for photography or to go play in the snow up at the kilns.

I left work in Trona in 2004 and I haven’t been back to town since after I completed moving my belongings from the duplex a couple weeks after my departure from employment there. In 2008 I moved to north central Nevada. After I moved my parents up here in 2016, I haven’t been to or through the Owens Valley or the east side of Death Valley, as I often took different routes to their home in Joshua Tree.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wildrose Station - Vintage Visit Memories - by DAW89446 - 2021-08-22, 03:29 PM