Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Lines From Ghosts Of The Glory Trail
No, never had. As I mentioned in another post, I have two copies of the book - a paperback edition I’ve had for decades. In 2002, while visiting friends, we went to Dawson Books in downtown Portland at midnight and I found a hardbound copy, in which Murbarger wrote a full page note to whoever originally bought that book and signed it. I paid $5. I also have a hardcopy of the companion book to GHOSTS, which is SOVEREIGNS OF THE SAGE. Its methodology is the same as GHOSTS.

I first read her book in my high school library, as well as Desert Magazine. I always spent my lunch break in there. I’d spend all my loose change making photocopies of favorite articles from Desert. Back in the late 60s and early 70s the photocopy process used a far stronger chemical, which left the paper smelling strongly. I still remember that smell to this day. Those articles were the basis for future trips that came after I left home and was on my own.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favorite Lines From Ghosts Of The Glory Trail - by DAW89446 - 2021-09-02, 01:02 PM