Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give us your DEVA backcountry plans or dreams!
(2021-10-13, 01:42 PM)bbbb Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 10:30 AM)Beardilocks Wrote: EDIT:  Oh and to answer your original question, I'd really like to thru-hike Ubehebe to Eureka this year.  But I don't think I'll make it this winter...

Wow. I've been thinking of doing that sometime too. I've always wanted to see Eureka Valley but always afraid of getting stuck on Big Pine Rd. I haven't looked closely at the topography, so this is just a guess...

[Image: 51586105569_146ae656fb_c.jpg]Capture2

I've been meaning to hike the old mining road there for years.  I'd love to cross that part of the valley up there and follow the old trail.  I've also loved staring across the plain west of Ubehebe and would love to walk that as well.  I had a track at one time of someone who had done it as part of a 21 day hike across the park.  Which I of course can't find right now.  

If I had the energy/reserve water I would hike around the west side of the dunes to finish.  I've seen them from every side but that side.

I'd also really like to hike up to the dry lakes west of the Racetrack Road.  I think they're called Lost Lakes?  Virginia Dry Lakes.  No one ever seems to go there.  Maybe they're very boring?  Lol.  

[Image: dvllama2-copy.jpg]

EDIT:  They are the VIRGINIA DRY LAKES not Lost lakes.
Check out my travel blog: www.pocketsfullofdust.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give us your DEVA backcountry plans or dreams! - by Beardilocks - 2021-10-14, 07:23 AM