Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random little used trails. Oh, and H2O updates?
(2021-10-12, 09:50 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote: Those are some interesting combinations.  So if I understand correctly, you used notations on Digonnet maps showing trails, found some traces of them on the sat images, and then indicated connectivity by mapping them onto bigger scale maps than he had in individual hikes?  Clever.

No comment on water from me; I haven't been out since April.  There was plenty around Rainier last month though Smile

That's about right, MG.  I am not a GPS user so having 7.5 min maps with me is the best I can do.  Except for some wide washes, the trails are quite continuous on aerial.  Downloading and enlarging my photos ought to show the trails paralleling the red lines (I tried to avoid drawing right over top).  From the .gpx file of the trail ( I can send) one could go that route too.  if I were a gps user I'd waypoint the places where trails disappear and then reappear on either side of the wide washes.  I'll add the Emigrant-Lemoigne Route today.  It has gaps since is crosses the drainage pathway over the bajada.

After hiking Desert Hound loop last fall I decided that DVNP Trails deserve more attention.  It is a national park afterall!  Plus, these are like walking through history.

A great one I hiked last fall was Polaris Mine Trail on Kofa NWR.  We all complain about knees pain, ankles, or this or that....these trails were daily commutes for miners!

John

[Image: 51584724128_7226abdf52_o.jpg]Emigrant-Lemoigne1 by John Morrow, on Flickr

[Image: 51583670727_a64909baef_o.jpg]Lemoigne Routes by John Morrow, on Flickr

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random little used trails. Oh, and H2O updates? - by John Morrow - 2021-10-13, 08:31 AM