Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tap ... Tap ... Tap ... Is this Mike On?
With $5 gas prices these days, I’m just staying home. Or working on my property less than ten miles away.

After wind, rain and snow the past two weeks and snow as late as last Monday, suddenly we’re in the upper 80s. So both my current home and my future one is wanting some attention.

Yesterday I was running a heavy length of railroad rail I have modified as a drag to clear a fire break along my fences at the property. While doing so I saw smoke starting to billow about 3/4 mile away. Thinking someone was burning brush or weeds, it quickly became apparent that it was an uncontrolled fire. My property looked like it would be missed, but then the wind and started blowing smoke my way. I drove over there and found the fire was across a dirt road from one new home, but burning toward two other homes a half mile away. The half dozen homes near me are widely scattered, but all have been put in within the past couple years. I hope it doesn’t portend of things to come. My new home isn’t predicted to be delivered until December.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tap ... Tap ... Tap ... Is this Mike On? - by DAW89446 - 2022-05-16, 12:53 PM