Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Valley Click Bait Await - Yours Truly Dazed
Typing from slow wife at Stovepipe Wells while I gas up for two more days in DEVA which will make my longest visit ever, nine complete days. Due to my own exhaustion and limited cell and wifi I won't be posting my video trip reports until I return home mid next week. I'm excited to display some great shots of the rain, snow, and wind storm of Tuesday 12/14, 12/15 for which I specifically rented a Farabee Jeep so I could drive right into the event and I was not disappointed.

Besides Blue Mountain I've got videos on: Geologist Cabin, Niter Beds, Tucki Wash Exploration, Post storm drive from Panamint Spring Resort to Darwin on the old Toll road, Big Bell Extension Exploration and Trail Loop Back Through Keane Wonder, and Thursday 12/16 Annual Bird Count With NPS staff and volunteers (while looking up for birds I nearly stepped on a bobcat, I was so startled I failed to capture an image as the gorgeous cat retreated into the mesquite bushes. LOL) I had no idea of he bird diversity in the park.

My second King Midas Mine Exploration this time including A Real Time Phone Call With Jim Harris, age 91, who worked the mine with his father, Jim Harris. Jim was astounded I speaking with him on my cell phone from his old gold mine. LOL

Plus lots of misc photos from around DEVA and Darwin. Except for the storm (which I loved) the days have been perfect for exploring and hiking. I'm keen to catch up on all of your cool trip reports and news when I get home.
Life begins in Death Valley

Messages In This Thread
RE: Death Valley Click Bait Await - Yours Truly Dazed - by DeathValleyDazed - 2021-12-18, 08:41 PM