Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ten Days In Death Valley - Volume One
Heading home Tuesday 12/21/2021 from a glorious tern days in the park. With the short days and longer nights I was able to process some video-reports which will be posted in random order as some will not complete until after the holidays. Here's volume one which include three videos. (This forum only allows three video links per post.) I hope you enjoy watching half as much as I enjoyed creating them. 

I purposely rented a Farabee Jeep to drive right into the predicted storm on Tuesday 12/14/2021 and was so glad because here's what turned out to be another DEVA Mother Nature working her magic in the park. 

The Tucki Wash walk-about was well worth the effort for the scenery, solitude, and geology. The core sample holes on the west side of the basalt ridge were rather curious. Why way out there and only there? How long ago for and for what purpose? I now belief that hiking to or from Furnace Creek and Aquereberry Point is possible, challenging, but possible. My hunch is that I was about a third of the way there and the last third elevation gain or loss would be the toughest portion. There is no music track on this video because the vastness and silence speak louder than music allowing a true to life rendition of what it's like out there. 

The stormy drive through Warm Spring Canyon into Butte Valley was other worldly and well worth it. Here's what I experienced.
Life begins in Death Valley

Messages In This Thread
Ten Days In Death Valley - Volume One - by DeathValleyDazed - 2021-12-21, 01:59 PM