Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abandoned Hiking Climbing Gear - Common?
Interesting closure. I will be based out of SPW in March and was thinking of going up Little Bridge or something in that area. If I get up there I would haul out some of that trash if I had the energy that day. Looking at your video, you show a dotted line route with one leg on the way up, and the other on the way down. Do you recall which leg went by the discarded gear? I can sort of guess based on topography and the location of Trellis, to figure out where the original hikers might have gone, but you don't know where they left their car. And that's not the friendliest country to cross.

Anyway I hope those hikers had good reason to leave that much trash out in the desert, even if it is not a highly traveled area.

A few years ago we followed that old road you crossed. It crosses over Salt Creek - there is one old wooden bridge - near McLean Spring. I read that there was an old trading post there at some point, though it seems like a strange place for a store? Did not see any evidence of that. The crossing can be a bit muddy, but the road is pretty to follow, and nice walking.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abandoned Hiking Climbing Gear - Common? - by MojaveGeek - 2023-01-22, 09:25 AM