Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three weeks in the Sonoran desert
LOL, great post, Dazed! Thanks for the clips, too!

I'll have to take a look at your TR on No Name more closely. I like the idea of avoiding the long long slog from Salt Creek - some parts of that are rather tedious under foot. I might go back to Little Bridge Canyon. I haven't been there in at least 20 years, and when I did it with my daughter, we encountered 3 sheep pretty close to 190 on the way back. There's obviously a herd (flock?) of sheep, or at least a decent population, around Tucki, as I've seen a lot in the area. A few years ago we tried for Twin Spring, above Mosaic, which is obviously where they hang out (lots of evidence in a video I've seen) but I took a fall/slide while crossing between canyons so maybe unlikely to do that again.

That was actually a nasty fall. Going up a narrow ridge, the rock gave, and I found myself sliding on my belly, feet first, down toward a small cliff, and everything I grabbed broke off. Eventually I stopped sliding and fortunately had a companion who managed to give me enough of my hand that I could get out without sliding the rest of the way.

What do you estimate the mileage from 190 to the mouth of No Name to be?

Messages In This Thread
Three weeks in the Sonoran desert - by MojaveGeek - 2021-12-26, 02:11 PM
RE: Three weeks in the Sonoran desert - by Kauri - 2021-12-26, 08:02 PM
RE: Three weeks in the Sonoran desert - by MojaveGeek - 2021-12-29, 12:58 PM