Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three weeks in the Sonoran desert
(2021-12-29, 12:58 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote: That was actually a nasty fall.  Going up a narrow ridge, the rock gave, and I found myself sliding on my belly, feet first, down toward a small cliff, and everything I grabbed broke off.  Eventually I stopped sliding and fortunately had a companion who managed to give me enough of my hand that I could get out without sliding the rest of the way.
Geez, Geek, that's super scary! So far I've never been out control above a drop off like that and hopefully never will. 

What do you estimate the mileage from 190 to the mouth of No Name to be?
I'm no good a estimating distances so here's a comparison from 190 and from Salt Creek. BTW I discovered that No Name Canyon actually has two mouths, one draining towards Salt Creek and the other towards 190 but they converge up stream a quarter to half a mile into the only drainage. I put the comparison to the single upstream mouth. 

Little Bridge is worth a re-visit. I took an unconventional return route from the end saddle back down the northeast ridge line.

Here's the canyon mouth distance comparison for you.
http://www.salamandersociety.com/deathva...tances.png
Life begins in Death Valley

Messages In This Thread
Three weeks in the Sonoran desert - by MojaveGeek - 2021-12-26, 02:11 PM
RE: Three weeks in the Sonoran desert - by Kauri - 2021-12-26, 08:02 PM
RE: Three weeks in the Sonoran desert - by DeathValleyDazed - 2021-12-29, 04:57 PM