Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mojave National Preserve - Marl Mts. Loop.
(2022-01-03, 09:03 AM)MojaveGeek Wrote: Looks like  a couple of beautiful days.  Game cam at that spring?  When I find game cams in wild places I like to open them up if I can and put the SD card in my phone to see what's been in the area - if they are not locked down.  Of course I put it back to start the cam up again Smile    The spring is very cute, looks like there was water.

It was a neat experience. That is in deed a trail cam, I guess the NPS has a nice shot of me walking up to the spring. There is a well/hole just a few feet up (opposite from the camera)
it's about 10ft or 15ft down with a 45degree slope. You can see the water at the bottom. I suppose if you are brave to crawl in there or if you have a long string and bottle you could
get to it. The pipe that goes down from the spring to a water trough is disconnected which seems to be inline with the NPS desire to restore water sources to a more natural state and distribution.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mojave National Preserve - Marl Mts. Loop. - by Algol - 2022-01-03, 10:23 AM