Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Hall's Not Slowing Down - DEVA 2022
I guess the underlying questions are 1) what is one's motivation for making a web site (or any form of publication) and then 2) how do you feel about it being more or less immortal (which can be as easy as letting archive.org crawl it). I posted many things on the old forum and, frankly, I am pi**ed that those things, which I posted for the world at large, were taken away. Steve clearly built a site which was more then his personal photo galleries; there was a goal of explaining things to people. Is that what all publication is about? I dunno. No point in over thinking it all though. I am happy when someone can benefit from something that I have learned, but I'm not in the business of writing guide books Smile

Actually I know some folks who have an excellent web site about Zion area hiking, and they did turn the site into a book. I hope they sold some of it, especially because they left the web site up; it is still there. But now I gather that many of the obscure routes they described, which before then may have been described nowhere else, are now on alltrails. Go figure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve Hall's Not Slowing Down - DEVA 2022 - by MojaveGeek - 2022-01-17, 08:53 PM