Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beveridge Canyon Hike
(2022-02-23, 12:31 PM)Beardilocks Wrote: An absolutely incredible place and a wild wet oasis for the Death/Saline Valleys.  
This is one of the most mystifying and captivating trip reports I've seen and I bet you did not even capture half the highlights of your adventure. I loved all of the images but the one with the children's swing set captured my heart the most. That's the first I've seen of any DEVA artifacts dedicated to the children of the old time miners. I hope others exists. My experience with DEVA old relics is minimal at best.

I appreciate whoever took the time to hack out those hand and foothold out of solid rock. I have mixed feelings about leaving a rope behind like those who preceded you. Above Artist Palette to the southeast is a major dry fall draining half of the Borax Benchmark. From above I scrambled downstream to peer over the narrow lip of the chasm only to find a heavy duty strap wrapped and rotting around the last choke stone. I suppose canyoneers had left it after their decent down the fall. It was not only unsightly but now unsafe due to weathering. Oh well?

I noticed that netllama has cross posted this loverly thread over at r/DeathValleyNP for more lovers of the park to enjoy.
Life begins in Death Valley

Messages In This Thread
Beveridge Canyon Hike - by Beardilocks - 2022-02-23, 12:31 PM
RE: Beveridge Canyon Hike - by Daymoth - 2022-02-23, 01:14 PM
RE: Beveridge Canyon Hike - by TacoLand - 2022-02-23, 01:33 PM
RE: Beveridge Canyon Hike - by MojaveGeek - 2022-02-23, 05:18 PM
RE: Beveridge Canyon Hike - by GowerGulch42 - 2022-02-23, 07:56 PM
RE: Beveridge Canyon Hike - by netllama - 2022-02-24, 10:14 PM
RE: Beveridge Canyon Hike - by DeathValleyDazed - 2022-02-25, 10:42 AM