Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotty's Castle and Kaleidoscope Canyon
(2022-04-22, 01:27 PM)DeathValleyDazed Wrote:
(2022-04-22, 08:06 AM)DAW89446 Wrote: Back in the day one used to be able to get gas at Scotty’s Castle. I paid $1.44 per gallon in 1996.

Is the gas station you're referring to? 
[Image: 24510494.jpg]

I don’t really remember details, it was after dark. It was a tiny building. If that upright object at the right is an antique pump, then no I don’t think so; I don’t recall the pump being anything other that common for the period. I think I remember that it was within the parking area before the main building complex.

I remember the price because of another thread about high gas prices and I checked my field notes for gas prices in the past and found where I noted my visit and the price. I had just bought a new 4x4 pickup and had come in from Big Pine and spent the day concentrated on the northern end of the valley and Racetrack Valley. I wanted to return home to Big Pine via the paved highways (out to US95, in via NV266 and CA168) and wanted to make sure I had enough gas to make it.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scotty's Castle and Kaleidoscope Canyon - by DAW89446 - 2022-04-22, 04:47 PM