Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
southeast Africa: when trips go very very badly
Great story man, thanks for sharing. I think that every one of us, in a small way or in a large way, have made the decision to keep going forward even when it was maybe unwise to do. I think that that is an ingrained part of the human animal and what sent us out of Africa in the first place way way back. And I think to a degree that's also what keeps us pushing into the desert and exploring in the first place. If you don't push your own limits, you never get anywhere.

I'm glad you made it through that. Wisdom gained. Thanks for sharing your adventure. How's that go? “An adventure is never an adventure when it happens. An adventure is simply physical and emotional discomfort recollected in tranquility.”

I've had the pleasure (and pain) of traveling a very small bit in Africa, mostly with a guide, between having a friend that worked in Kenya acting as a guide on that trip and a guide being required when I visited Burundi when their borders were briefly open a few years ago. And I got into enough trouble when supervised so I applaud your guts renting a truck and going it alone!
Check out my travel blog: www.pocketsfullofdust.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: southeast Africa: when trips go very very badly - by Beardilocks - 2022-07-26, 08:55 AM