Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contact Canyon - Owlshead Canyon Loop
On a lark I set out on my first exploration of The Owlshead Mountains with references only by vague memories of Digonnet's descriptions and foggy memories of driving past The Confidence Hills on Harry Wade Road from years ago. Also, it seems that Beardilocks and Brice recented posted in this forum about a few of the canyons of the East Owlshead Mountains.
What ended up was an arduous loop through two canyons I was not sure which ones they were until I returned and reviewed the book, maps, and satellite images.  

I ended up packing a half gallon too much water but better that than not enough. Also ended up with life time memories of gorgeous colors, side canyon adventures, cave exploration, lovely flowers, military discards (left them where laid), fatigue from three serious dry fall bypasses at head of Owlshead Canyon, 10:00 p.m. return in the dark to truck after departing at 5:30 a.m. There was a set of footprints laid down a few days ago but I never saw another person. 

GowerGulch44, if you watch this video, I'd to learn what that vivid green-blue rock is at the mouth of Owlshead Canyon? I don't recall seeing it anywhere else in the park?
Life begins in Death Valley

Messages In This Thread
Contact Canyon - Owlshead Canyon Loop - by DeathValleyDazed - 2023-03-26, 05:07 PM