Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Valley Debacle
So we're of similar ages... and we know we don't heal as fast as we used to. If you can get PT (Medicare covers it if a doc approves) I highly recommend it - done it for knees and shoulders with good results.

I had a trip where we flew into LV as the minor infection in my arm was blowing up. Doctor Wife marked the margins of the inflammation with a pen so we could watch it grow. Went to Sunrise Hospital (near the Strip) and got IV, kept the IV shunt in and I came back for another dose that evening (Saturday night in an LV ER near the Strip... not a place where you want to be). Eventually it got worse, I got admitted, got a PICC line, was ready to head out to SPW with a cooler full of IV bags... but they decided surgery was needed to remove some of the infection (it was actually quite serious) and that finished the trip. I did get to do the IV on a hiking vacation thing some years later, different infection, different venue.

Anyway, I figured that since Sunrise Hospital was in east LV that their branch over near Summerlin (west) would be called "Sunset" but with some further thought, that's not a great idea. Glad you were able to get there quickly!

Now here is my Redwall / Road grader story. My son was a couple years old and in a backpack. Eric was with us. They were grading the road so we could not park at the proper spot. Eric drove 1/4 mile and sprinted back. In the mean time we found a scorpion in the kid back. But he was strapped in with the marvelous 5 point harness that would hold him literally upside down, so was a bit of work to get him out. In the mean time I brushed the scorp off the pack... but then it could not be found and we worried it fell into one of the pack pockets. Which we had to empty, very carefully. Never found it. Digonnet has a scorpion sketch on his Redwall pages. Interesting.

OK, so on the way back it was pretty late, dark in fact as we got to the road. Eric ran off to fetch the car. I whipped it out and was taking a leak but.. something sounded strange. When Eric came back I told him the good news - I had found his hat in the dark - as well as the bad, that it was now full of piss.

But I totally love Redwall on a nice sunny day!

Messages In This Thread
Death Valley Debacle - by trailhound - 2023-05-16, 12:48 PM
RE: Death Valley Debacle - by Bluegreen kayak - 2023-05-16, 01:57 PM
RE: Death Valley Debacle - by trailhound - 2023-05-16, 04:47 PM
RE: Death Valley Debacle - by Daymoth - 2023-05-20, 08:05 PM
RE: Death Valley Debacle - by MojaveGeek - 2023-05-21, 08:05 PM
RE: Death Valley Debacle - by trailhound - 2023-05-22, 06:44 AM
RE: Death Valley Debacle - by MojaveGeek - 2023-05-22, 07:47 PM