Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention: HITW and Echo Cyn in great shape!
Not sure where to best post this on the forum but both roads have been completely bladed (Echo to Inyo Mine and I dorve as far as Hole on HITW) and even accessible at the moment to standard clearance vehiles.  Only a bit of soft gravel at teh entrance to the narrows of Echo.  Echo #1 to#5 before narrows.  6-8 in narrows, 9 at exit of narrows.  No center berms have yet developed and all large/high imbedded rock removed.  Both roads have been constructed with very high edge berms to deter xc travel. Hard to turn a trailer around I imagine but a small pop top tent trailer was able to on Echo at a lower campsite. Designated dispersed camps are merely turn outs, and some quite small.   No bladed tenting pad or area and most gravels have been reworked by the flood into unsorted channelled messes for a tent.  Typical, but before designted sites one could usually find a pad of fine gravel for a tent somewhere legal. Camped at HITW #2 and #3.  Overall easy to get free permit if little front desk line and I can say I am supportive of the program overall.  Nice to know that i have an actual place to dispersed camp and not be looking in the darkness of short winter days.  Subaru Forester made it relatively easily last 1.5 mi. to the Echo wilderness boundary end of road. Never thought I'd have opportunity to view the petros (not divulging, see Digonnet) and climb Schwab w/o a very long hiking approach.

Messages In This Thread
Attention: HITW and Echo Cyn in great shape! - by John Morrow - 2023-12-08, 10:52 AM