Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to reach DV administration?
You should of course always feel free to give your opinion to the powers that be.

That said, as someone who has camped along those roads for a couple of decades:

1. They were being overrun by people. Idiot people who would pull in at 10 pm and camp 50 yards from you.
2. This kind of camping close to a developed area in a NP is already rather rare and is an unusual accommodation.
3. I'm not a fan of the recreation.gov option myself, but many other people have pointed out the extreme inconvenience and environmental impact of long round trip drives to the VC to get permits in person.
4. The more typical NPS approach to the issues they had along these roads would be to simply prohibit any camping at all - which of course they have the power to do and have already done along many roads.

I make these comments not to argue with you, but rather since you seem to be rather late to the party on a topic that already went through a public comment period and made its way into the park master plan, to instead give you context so that whatever input you do provide the park won't simply be trivially dismissed by them as unworkable and already addressed in previous public comments.

Again, please by all means still comment!

Messages In This Thread
How to reach DV administration? - by AlanMcR - 2024-01-24, 09:10 PM
RE: How to reach DV administration? - by Brice - 2024-01-24, 10:24 PM
RE: How to reach DV administration? - by AlanMcR - 2024-01-24, 11:16 PM
RE: How to reach DV administration? - by AlanMcR - 2024-01-29, 12:03 PM
RE: How to reach DV administration? - by DVexile - 2024-01-26, 01:25 PM