Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the most remote difficult place to reach in the park?
I haven’t even started exploring DV yet. Lol. There’s much more on my to-do list than my done list. I’ve hiked about 50 canyons/peaks/dune set/etc but I have at least that many already listed and found that I want to get to some day.

There’s not much left of the corduroy bridge to walk on. But a few sections still standing for pictures. Lots of other strange historic things to find up that wash as well. For that hike I left my truck at Furnace Creek and drove up with a friend and left her truck on Aguerreberry road. Made it an overnight to camp on the slope and because I’m way too out of shape to do it one go.

For Dry Bone, that was much more stupid. I parked my truck where the old dirt track comes into the main road in the valley and road my 110cc Honda I used to travel with up Racetrack road and up White Top. Then hid that in the bushes and hiked into the canyon. And yes, that scramble down is sketch as hell, especially with a pack and alone. I overnighted at the canyon mouth and made my truck the next morning to go rescue my bike. That one was more painful for the 3 trips down Racetrack road. Well that and the fact that my wheel broke off my truck later that afternoon and started a whole different 2 week ordeal.

We’re you in Trellis canyon searching for the lost giant caves?
Check out my travel blog: www.pocketsfullofdust.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the most remote difficult place to reach in the park? - by Beardilocks - 2021-08-24, 03:53 PM