Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the most remote difficult place to reach in the park?
(2021-08-27, 07:12 AM)Beardilocks Wrote: The only sketchy things about Dry Bone are it’s remoteness and the one scramble down into the canyon.  Other than that it’s literally a walk in the park.  Or a walk in a wash.  That down scramble is a bit intense.  IIRC I slid a portion of the way down.  Occasionally controlled.  And there were at least two small sheer sections where I lowered my pack by rope and then climbed down, mainly out of an abundance of caution.  Or so I’d like to think now.  Lol.  It’s not extremely difficult, just a fair bit harrowing.  The cost of screwing up is immensely high that far out. 

But the rest of the hike is merely that: a hike. 

If I could do it again I would take more time.  I wish I had taken more water and planned on spending several days in there to explore side canyons.  I think I had a threat of rain in 48hrs when I went in, so was somewhat limited.  As it was I had 60mph winds for my hike out across the valley.  Stunning hike though.  Damn I miss that place.

Here the view at the drop in.

That image is spectacular. Looks like something out of the Italian alps or even Patagonia. Thanks for sharing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the most remote difficult place to reach in the park? - by netllama - 2021-08-27, 10:26 AM