Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the most remote difficult place to reach in the park?
(2021-09-27, 09:14 AM)TacoLand Wrote:
(2021-09-27, 09:00 AM)John Morrow Wrote: I am convinced...I'm dying to do it but can't get my Forester up to the upper TH.  If someone would leave me water there a loop of Bighorn from the valley floor seems classic....

When are you looking to go ??

I plan to leave WA around Nov 1 for the Mojave and Sonoran deserts with no firm plans on individual destinations in any particular order, weather dependent.  I will allow for 7 to 10 days in DVNP.  Lately I've only been doing daytrip but would like to backpack.  Friends I may meet up with typically aren't as enthused about backpacking DVNP for the lack of water.

I have all kinds of ideas!  Any Panamint Ranger watered canyon (up one down another?).  Anvil Spring and Lost Spring to Striped Butte in a loop.  Cottonwood Mtns canyon narrows: so Bighorn and Drybone are logical nexts.   I've only seen the Cottonwood/Marble plus side canyons and N Fk Lemoigne.  
Drop Lee Wash to Pana dunes and back up Mill Cr.  Search for water from Nelson Range to Racetrack.  Cross Last Chance Range from around Ubehebe Crater to Marble Bath slot canyon....Things like that could become great loops with a 4WD avaliable to cache H2O ahead of time.

I love to keep my max water haul to 6 or 7 liters whenever possible...Avg of 10 mile days is perfect.  Maybe extend to 15 when necessary.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the most remote difficult place to reach in the park? - by John Morrow - 2021-09-28, 10:36 AM