Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the most remote difficult place to reach in the park?
(2021-09-28, 03:21 PM)John Morrow Wrote: Your pics on your site are really beautiful!  Natural color 9 not over saturated) and beautiful textures and composition.  Talk about stoke!

Thanks!

(2021-09-29, 01:04 PM)GowerGulch42 Wrote: Just how hazardous is that descent? A 1200-foot talus slope seems pretty intense.

It's really not hazardous in the sense of any serious fall injury or having giant boulders go tumbling by you. Occasionally the talus will slide for a short bit and you stop walking and go for a ride for just a few feet before it settles again. I had trekking poles so I could stay upright for the short slides. Without trekking poles you might just choose to sit down when a slide starts... and then shake dirt and pebbles out of your undies afterwards. And on the route I took the talus didn't lead anywhere tragic, it was relatively short sections at the angle of repose that stopped at small terraces at more stable angles. Only a fraction of the descent is on talus and for the rest of it you can stay on the margins of the talus on more stable ground. Honestly it felt fine. Mostly I dreaded slogging back up it! That ended up not being too awful either, just slow and tiring.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the most remote difficult place to reach in the park? - by DVexile - 2021-09-29, 08:20 PM