Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
death-valley.net shutdown & data scrape
Job titles are entirely non descriptive in IBM. I'm a Technical Advisor for the last 14 years. Basically, a liaison between our high end storage customers and development. We get the fun jobs, like explaining to the customer what happened when their 5 Petabytes of storage went offline. Banks, insurance companies and airlines tend to ask questions at that point. Fortunately, that happens very rarely.

In the past, I've been a field tech, worked in development, education, high end support, marketing, and a couple of other roles. The last 25 years, I've been lucky enough to have a lot of flexibility in my work hours, able to work from home, and have had extensive travel. The travel component disappeared the year before Covid hit, and hasn't returned. So yes, that reduced my trips to the desert.

Our son still lives an hour from Panamint Valley, so we still get out there. And with our first grandkid coming next month, I expect our trips may increase again. I am looking forward to both the grandkid, and the chance to dust the cobwebs off the XJ, and get some exploring done.

David Bricker / SYR
DV Rat.  Live upstate NY, play Death Valley, retiring to Hawaii. '95 Cherokee, barely.

Messages In This Thread
RE: death-valley.net shutdown & data scrape - by David_Bricker - 2022-11-29, 08:22 PM