Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panamint Springs - Do the springs exist?
(2020-10-11, 05:22 PM)DeathValleyDazed Wrote: If figured that at least once upon a time or seasonally some springs must exist in or near the PSR community. I'm aware of the four inch PVC culinary water line extending from Darwin Falls down to PSR which is claimed to be their only year round water source. 

Okay, so I stopped in PSR and asked the gas station employee about the existence of a real spring in or around the resort. Much to my surprise he was informative explaining this. 

There indeed was a spring on the property but he was not sure where. The spring supplied enough water for the resort and enough flow to power a water wheel. In the 1940's an earthquake disrupted the geology and water flow shutting down the spring which necessitated the construction of the current four inch water line originating at Darwin Falls. Since the brand name Panamint Springs Resort was so well established they just kept the same name even though the spring dried up. 

Maybe the next time through PSR I'll try to get permission to stroll around and locate the old spring water wheel site. I was in.a hurry and there were other customers waiting for service so my conversation was brief.
Life begins in Death Valley

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panamint Springs - Do the springs exist? - by DeathValleyDazed - 2020-11-06, 10:55 AM