Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021! what are your plans for this year?
(2021-01-08, 09:44 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote: What part of Turkey? I've been all over. Good luck learning Turkish Smile I did... but the words don't sound like anything you know. Afghanistan. I have no idea what it is like these days. I spent about 2 1/2 months there in the 70s. Went across the north from Herat to Mazar via public transport on a very back roads route. I wonder what is safe to do there there days?

For me, I have some reservations for SPW in March but since I have to fly out, I am pretty dubious. I have enough risk factors, and covid is so out of control again, I will be surprised if I get anywhere before summer. Thinking Montana, maybe the Sierra (depends on snow pack), Washington state.

Just Istanbul for a 24 hour layover enroute to Afghanistan. I'll be in Kabul & Mazar-e-sharif. To be honest, none of it is truly safe, but those cities are reasonably safe, with the proper precautions. I'm sure you had a spectacular experience there, compared to what is remotely possible today.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021! what are your plans for this year? - by netllama - 2021-01-09, 10:12 PM