Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Input: Stuck in Butte Valley for two days ...
(2021-02-22, 02:25 PM)DeathValleyDazed Wrote: BTW - At least five years ago I rented a jeep from Richard Farrabee himself when he was at the old gas station across from The Inn and told him of my plan to drive over Mengel Pass. He did not bat an eye or show any concern acting like it was just any other rental day. I never did attempt Mengel Pass from the east due to running out of time and only making it to Warm Springs where I turned around. (I'm still jonesing to climb Striped Butte!) 

That's interesting... About 8 years ago my parents rented a Jeep from Mr. Farabee himself, with plans to drive Dedeckera Canyon. He was very concerned about us attempting that route, and kept trying to convince us to go to the Racetrack, Titus Canyon, etc. (locations which we were already very familiar with). And I thought Mengel Pass was at least as difficult as Dedeckera Canyon? (We ended up not driving Dedeckera; the canyon apparently had less gravel that year so the steps were beyond our skills then.)
Link to my DV trip reports, and map of named places in DV (official and unofficial): http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking Input: Stuck in Butte Valley for two days ... - by Kauri - 2021-02-22, 02:51 PM