Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Input: Stuck in Butte Valley for two days ...
The problem with Dedeckera isn't the technical challenge, in my experience (10 years old now) it really wasn't a difficult road so much as it was LONG and ROUGH and REMOTE. We carried gas cans and we used all of our gas going that way, more to be safe than anything else. I would also spend my efforts to dissuade people from driving that way if they didn't know EXACTLY what they were getting in to. If you get into trouble up there, it could be a long wait or walk.

For Mengel, it's just so chewed up that any way you do it will be slow and laborious. Unless you are deeply familiar with locking differentials, sway bars, low-range gearboxes, it won't be fun and will probably damage the road even more. The big holes and steps are the result of vehicles without locking differentials or grippy tires spinning their wheels on the way up. Go to Stripped Butte, skip Goler Canyon.
Check me out on YouTube @ BetterGeology! https://www.youtube.com/c/BetterGeology

And my out-of-date website dvexplore.blogspot.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking Input: Stuck in Butte Valley for two days ... - by GowerGulch42 - 2021-02-22, 05:12 PM