Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Input: Stuck in Butte Valley for two days ...
(2021-02-15, 11:18 AM)bbbb Wrote: Being "stuck" in Butte Valley for two days sounds like a good problem to have. I've never been there but watching this thread as well for ideas. If you have a second to comment on road conditions when you get back, taco, would love to hear about it.

Butte Valley was a little on the rough side going in & out via Warm Springs Road, but I'd say it's doable with HIGH clearance, good tires, full-size spare, patience, and comfort/familiarity with driving off-road. I aired down from 35 to 25psi (usually go 15-18 on difficult stuff) and threw it into hi-4wd for the drive in just out of habit. Could have done it in 2wd without airing down though.

There was a VW Syncro Van at Geologist's and they reported a tow truck driving in and pulling a big pickup truck out of Mengel / Goler's.

My friends have a lifted Tundra and followed us in / out. They thought the ride was a bit of a bone-shaker, especially up to Arrastre Spring (agreed). Not sure if I kicked up a rock, or it was just the culmination of seven days of off-roading, but by the time we got back out to pavement I noticed my rear-diff was seeping fluid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking Input: Stuck in Butte Valley for two days ... - by TacoLand - 2021-03-06, 12:40 PM