Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Valley National Park – Planned Power Outage March 4, 2021
I’d have gone to Beatty before trying Stovepipe and PSR. Best chance of getting gas at all hours. And your plans for Stateline could be realized by heading to Gold Point then south.

Back in about 2000, I was guiding a friend in his 4Runner up Goler, Barker, Mengel, Butte, Warm Springs, to the Badwater road, then to FC. Arrived a half hour before posted closing at what was then a Chevron station to find it closed and me with a quarter tank of gas. Kind of put a real damper as to what to do about gas while dining at the restaurant. The restaurant waitress told me that gas was available until 9 at Stovepipe, but I shot up to Beatty lest I waste time and gas going to Stovepipe and finding it closed early as well. Gassed up. Arrived home at midnight. But it was pleasant since I didn’t have to watch the gas gauge the entire trip.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Death Valley National Park – Planned Power Outage March 4, 2021 - by DAW89446 - 2021-03-06, 08:26 PM