Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Hall Site Take Down Plan Officially Announced
Thank you for the perspective, DAW.  Much appreciated.

I don't know how much money people make on books.  I suspect the biggest factor is getting them blessed by the NPS and sold in the VC bookstore.  I gather even Digonnet had to edit his a bit.  I guess these days there is on demand publishing so you can sell successfully to a pretty small audience.  And look at the silly money being made by Insta "influencers" and all.  We are crazy people I guess Smile

I'm in the process of setting up a trip next month.  It will be my 32nd year of hitting DV at least once.  That translates to a lot of hiking days.  It has been a long process of discovery and, initially, getting comfortable dragging little kids (my daughter was 3 on our first trip) around the wild places.  Along the way many people have helped me, given me advice, rides, GPS data, and the books too.  I try to pass on some of what I got to others, but have no desire for any major public-facing venture.  And the people I give to are often not the people I get from.  But you can't think that way, satisfaction in life is not something tallied by a CPA.

Anybody who loves the desert shares something with me, and these days, with our society polarized to the breaking point, we need anything we can find to make us feel something in common.

Thanks to everyone who's helped me along the way!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve Hall Site Take Down Plan Officially Announced - by MojaveGeek - 2021-03-03, 08:36 AM