Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afghanistan & Egypt in the time of the plague
(2021-03-06, 05:37 PM)bbbb Wrote:
(2021-03-05, 09:47 PM)netllama Wrote: Nothing that I've done on this trip is in any way impossible or special if you wanted to do it too. Yes, it requires money, and the effort required to deal with trip logistics, but beyond that its not difficult for anyone to accomplish, if they were interested.  My point is the world is a big, fascinating place.  Death valley is definitely a spectacular place, but there are many other parts of the world that are equally amazing.

Seeing the places you visit is inspiring because some of them seem unreachable at first glance. Thanks for continuing to post about them!

Thanks. There are few corners of this planet that are truly unreachable, as long as you're sufficiently motivated.

Even with the pandemic, I could get into Syria & Iraq right now if I wished. I know a few people bouncing around some remote, unstable corners of Africa (Congo and Central African Republic, for example) right now. Its definitely not glamorous, but its also unique, and a one of a kind experience for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Afghanistan & Egypt in the time of the plague - by netllama - 2021-03-06, 06:03 PM